Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Heart 'Pound'-ing Miracle


               Every woman has thought about it at some point or other in their lives. These thoughts can be accompanied by excitement, happiness, sometimes even dread or anxiety. I know I’ve had these thoughts myself.
               I’m talking about motherhood.
               Actually, to be exact, I’m talking about a specific aspect of motherhood, and that is the prospect of giving birth. I came across an article about a woman giving birth to a 14-pound baby boy and my imagination just ran away with me. I can be quite creative when it comes to imagining things so I started thinking about what it would be like to give birth to a baby that size. Suffice it to say, my imagination was full of blood and gore, with asses exploding and the, ahem, birth canal being blown wide open.
               This didn’t happen to the mom of course. The baby was born via c-section and I imagine it must have been quite sterile and tidy, with very little blood and gore. No exploding asses there.
               But really, whether it’s through c-section or natural childbirth, I salute all the women who have gone through this difficult, painful and dangerous process. Yes, it’s dangerous. In fact a woman is most vulnerable during childbirth. Thank you mom for giving birth to me and my siblings.
               As for me, I’m still not sure about what to feel about motherhood and all the trappings that come with it. Only time can tell I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment