Friday, March 23, 2012

Messages from Beyond


               If you were already dead, would you want to contact the loved ones you left behind? Or if you had a loved one who had passed away, would you want to receive a message from them? I know it sounds creepy but we also can’t help but wonder right? The living has always had an interest in the afterlife, mainly because none have ‘lived’ to tell about it. Ok, another lame joke but I think that’s primarily one of the driving forces that fuel our interest. Death and whatever comes after it is one of the greatest unknowns in the world and depending on culture or belief, different people have different points of view about it.
               I’m quite a scaredy cat really and yet I can’t help this morbid fascination with the supernatural. I thought about what it would feel like if someone I knew contacted me from beyond the grave and it gave me goosebumps, but I still keep thinking about it. Humans really are strange.
Based on an article I read about a guy who received an email from his friend who had already died a couple of months past, I realized that a person’s reactions to an experience like would vary greatly. My reaction might be different from the guy in the article and so would your reaction differ as well. Oh well, to each his own I suppose.
               I realize this might be serious post but I just wanted to put it out there and you are free to give your own comment regarding my post or the article which you can read here.

P.S. We really are in the age of the internet, the guy received the message from his friend who passed away via email. 

2 comments:

  1. NOT WEIRD! It is refreshing to hear someone be truthful and actually think about things ... I don't know if I would want to contact anyone ... I really cant say. Stopping in from Friday’s bloghop and would love a follow back via GFC, Google + … I just started my Facebook page – if you get the chance to check that out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all would react differently. It's not morbid, it's just plain curiosity I think.
    New blog hop follower! Happy to have found you! Have a great weekend! :) http://acostaeveli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete